Gastric Balloon is a weight management procedure which is performed with no Surgery (no scars). It is reversible. As it is performed at the Day Surgery Centre, you can return home on the same day.
Currently insertion of Intragastric Balloons are not covered by Private Health Insurance or Medicare. HealthyWeight Australia offer affordable pricing option, keeping with our mission of “Affordable medical care to patients”
• OBERA Gastric Balloon
• Procedure to implant the balloon (including hospital, anaesthetist and surgeon fees)
• Procedure to remove the balloon (including hospital, anaesthetist and surgeon fees)
• Follow-up appointments with your surgeon
• Regular consultations with your general physician/Endocrinologist
• 5 – one on one consultations each with your allied health team (dietitian, psychologist and exercise physiologist) – Total of 15
• Complete management of all comorbidities – including heart, sleep and lung assessments and required specialist consultations
• Personalised eating and exercise plan
• Remote tracking of your daily movements, exercise, eating patterns, sleep and weight
• Three monthly body composition measurements
• Monthly telephone/SMS support and encouragement
• Option to do consultation through Skype or Facetime
Program duration is 12 months – total cost $7,750*
*with a valid health cover for the removal of the balloon at 6 months.